January 1, 2015

Hello 2015!

bloglovin
Happy New Year folks! I hope you've all had an amazing and safe holiday period with your family and friends!

2014 has been a strange year for me. I've been seeing a lot of posts recently on Instagram/Facebook about how grateful people have been for the last year and how it was 'the biggest/most exciting year of their lives' etc. I don't know about you, but I've been experiencing major FOMO whilst scrolling past these kinds of posts. You see, I don't feel that way about 2014 at all. In fact, I haven't felt that way about life probably since about 2009/2010. All I keep thinking about is, am I doing something wrong? Why am I not feeling this content with the past year?
It's not the fact that I don't allow myself to be content or happy, it's just that this past year has been so...mediocre for me. Sure, I've had my fair share of milestones this year, like moving out of home and starting university (again), but those milestones are clouded by the negative experiences that lead to their happening. I kind of feel like I've been living under a grey cloud for the past three years despite the supposedly gleeful moments of graduating high school, starting university etc. 
For my birthday, I got a gorgeous leather planner from Paul's parents. I also got some stickers which are love heart shaped and say 'live bright' in gold writing. I stuck one of the stickers on today's date about a week ago and I guess it's kind of a new year's resolution for me. Live bright, as in living to the most of your ability (whatever you ability may be that particular day), enjoying the things that are good, striving higher, achieving more, dreaming more and thinking negatively less. 
In truth, I'm rather excited for 2015. I'm travelling back to Perth with Paul at the end of February for a close friend's 21st, I've already been booked for a couple of weddings and I'm participating in a few exhibitions. There is possible travel to Queensland and New South Wales on the cards and there are a few bigger things, which aren't photography related, that I can't mention just yet and they're probably the most exciting of all! :)
Stay tuned, hopefully this year will be something I can feel content and proud about.
(On an unrelated note, here are some photographs I took in Perth during September with the gorgeous Elise!)
bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovinbloglovin
Let me know how you spent your new years/what your resolutions are for 2015!

11 comments:

  1. That dress is insanely gorgeous, just wow!
    Well, I spent NYE with my sweetheart, which was the best choice ever. I don't make any resolutions, but I'd love to get fitter, does that count? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these photos - your friend looks like a mermaid! :) and i don't know how old you are but i'm going to guess at early twenties (sorry if i'm off!) but i don't really think i felt particularly thrilled about my life at that age either, i guess if you've started uni and then had something happen to take you off course it can feel like you've not been able to really progress with some of your goals (presumably graduating and getting a job in that field) but trust me, no one really has it all figured out in their early twenties, or their mid or late twenties or their thirties, or probably ever really. but as long as you have goals and you're working towards them, even if they take a few years to complete then you're on the right track and as you start to see the results of your hard work that's when you'll feel that excitement about life and its possibilities kick in. :)

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your past few years haven't met your expectations, but there is such an amazing feeling and hope starting a new year after ending a not so great year. I hope this is your year! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry 2014 was not all roses, here's to an amazing 2015 though, sounds like you've got good things on the cards! Your photos are super pretty and I'm especially in love with that first one - sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this, that it was honest and realistic about how life is. I'm glad that you're excited and I'm excited to see all that you've got planned for this year.

    We really do need to get together this year, I feel like we could talk forever about all the things.
    I'm always so envious of your confidence in putting yourself out there. You've built so much already :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great year! Love all those photos :)
    http://things-to-shoot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every new year can be better than the last one, that's the point of starting over on January 1st.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  8. happy new year to you too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful. these shots are breathtaking <3
    happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these photos! The composition is just beautiful.
    My husband and I spent New Years taking photographs at our family New Years party! So much fun!
    So happy to be following along now. Your blog is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! I read every single comment that's posted and reply to as many as I can! Your feedback is appreciated :)