August 13, 2013

Punny Food Pickups


Something non photography related?! NO! 

Yes, that's right, I've created something that's not to do with a camera at all?! ( I told you this whole blog revamp thing would be totally different) Back in the day, before I started photographing things, I drew. I drew all the time actually. I was one of those annoying children who would pester their parents into mailing Saturday Disney every week with new drawings and creative things in the hope of winning those awesome prize packs and more textas/crayons/paints than I would honestly have time to use. I never won.

When I was younger, my brother and I had this plastic yellow table and matching chairs that was our art table. It had little cup holders at each corner that we ended up filling with water to use for our water colour masterpieces. I have art folios upon art folios from my drawings and paintings from when I was four, five and six years old. I kind of felt like scanning them for this post, because they're kinda cute, but then I thought, no one really wants to see my impression of myself as a dinosaur that I painted when I was four, do they?

I've had this little series in mind for a couple of weeks now. I was drinking a boost juice drink and it had some writing all over it. As I read through something that mentioned fresh fruit several times and referred to God as a 'Her' (which was kinda cool), I thought, wouldn't it be nice if cups and other assorted foods had pretty compliments on them, or in this case, pick up lines. You would feel so great about yourself while sipping or eating on something (added bonus if you're eating something unhealthy!)

I'm thinking about continuing this little project so if you like them, or have any punny food ideas, let me know below in the comments! 

8 comments:

  1. I love finding my old sketch books from when I was little. I'm a water colour painter too! I'm also trying to get in to photography by myself and it's pretty difficult not having someone to teach me, but I'm very young so I guess I have plenty of time to perfect it. These pickup lines are adorable haha

    http://jadily.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilian! There are so many resources on the internet that you can utilise. One of my favourite blogs that have some really cute camera tutorials is A Beautiful Mess (If you google it, it should come up) :) I was exactly the same age as you are when I was getting into all of this stuff. If you ever need any help you can just shoot me an email and we can skype chat or chat on facebook or something.

      carolyn.west94@gmail.com

      xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute, I feel your pain with Saturday Disney... never won a single pack ;~; they were always so expensive to contact/enter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really love to meet someone who won something on that show, just so I could hear about how it changed their childhood hah.

      Delete
  3. Love this series. And actually, it would be pretty cute, see your impression of yourself as a dinosaur ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I might have to upload my 'Carolyn-o-saurus' one day soon!

      Delete
  4. oh my goodness i thought i was the only one who consistently mailed something to saturday disney!!
    oh these pictures are too cute and punny

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! I read every single comment that's posted and reply to as many as I can! Your feedback is appreciated :)