February 16, 2013

Take Me To New York


Last month, I had the absolute pleasure to photograph model and all round amazing person, Cheyne Buczek. Cheyne contacted me on tumblr in 2012, flatteringly confessing his admiration for my work and age and suggested we one day do a photo shoot together. After months of scheming and day dreaming, we finally got to meet.


We photographed in the graffiti lane ways of Melbourne. Although we didn't have a definite concept planned, Cheyne was about to embark on a five week trip to New York so I drew inspiration for my burning passion to visit the crazy city. I often think of New York as a grungy, dirty city. Although this isn't true, as there are a lot of beautiful locations, there's something about all the skyscrapers, close knit to each other that makes me feel a little claustrophobic.

I've had these photos on the back burner for a month now and I'm so glad I've finally finished. I don't think I've been as satisfied over all with the completion of a photo shoot since I photographed my Deluded Youth series last year.

It was amazing and absolutely stress free to work with Cheyne. He's one of the most talented models I've been able to work with during my very short career and I can't wait to see him again when he comes over for Melbourne Fashion week in March! 

Hope you love the photos as much as I do! 




1 comment:

Please leave a comment below! I read every single comment that's posted and reply to as many as I can! Your feedback is appreciated :)